Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles

I thought I would share a few more pics from My sis-in-law's engagement party.  We had fun stylizing the food and drinks.  I wish I could have gotten more photos but it was a bit hectic.

My favorite part of the food display were the oreo cream cheese truffles.  They were AMAZING...thanks to Sarah. She is so good at making these. She made them look so perfect for the party by adding the little pearl sprinkles (from Hobby Lobby).

Here are her masterpieces.



Try them yourself!


~Ingredients~
1 package regular Oreos (not Double Stuffed!)
1 eight ounce package softened cream cheese
Twelve ounces of melted white or milk or dark chocolate (or all three!)
Baking pans lined with wax paper.

~To Make~
~Combine all Oreos and softened cream cheese in a food processor.
~Form into balls.
~Put balls on baking pans lined with wax paper.
~Freeze until hardened probably 10-15 mins.
~Dip balls into melted chocolate. 
~Set back onto wax paper.
~Refrigerate to cool and store.
You can decorate any way you want.
(recipe from here)

OH, and another easy party tip...line plates, trays, or tiers with cute scrapbooking paper to make it go with your color theme.  It's really easy and a cheap way to change things up.

I hope you enjoy!  Have a great Wednesday and enjoy this weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment