Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Excitements and Letdowns

Today was a day of rises and falls.

After I got off work, I went to the sewing store to look for a serger! I've been wanting to get one for years now but I just havn't been able to make up my mind. I found one I really like today but once again...the price kinda throws me off.  Justin keeps telling me it is an investment and as much as I sew...it will pay itself off quickly.  He is right but making the decision is still hard for me.  Commitment.  I gotta commit to a machine.

So I get home today and guess what was at the front door!!!  My first package for my shop!  It was a big big box full of pillow forms. I was so excited...ecstatic!  I got the pocket knife and ripped it open.  I was expecting amazingly soft, luxurious down inserts...what I got were cheap feeling polyester cotton filled forms.  WHATTTT!!!!!!  The first business mistake.  I guess it's not really a mistake because I now know what I don't want.  But it was still a bit frustrating.




Needless to say, I spent most of the afternoon online, price comparing, calling, and figuring out how to ship back the pillows I was so excited about=)  Things like that always take much more time than you hope they will.

THEN...Tonight I bought a frame for some artwork my inlaws got me for Christmas from Urban.  I've been waiting on this frame to go on sale and it did so I snatched it right up.  I get home, carefully pop up all the little brads on the back, pick up the cardboard insert and crrrAACKKKKK!  The glass broke!  WHY!!!

I know these things are all really little...but it was a day of excitements and let downs.  I guess it makes me realize how impatient I am.  I want things to go right...and NOW.  Maybe God will use this to teach me patience=)

No comments:

Post a Comment