Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lula in London: Interview

A friend of mine recently started up her very own online boutique.  It is absolutely ADORABLE!  She calls it Lula in London...named after her daughter.  You need to check out her blog too...it's filled with home renovations, adorable decorating ideas and real life, relatable stories.



She asked me this past November if I would like to be a part of selling a few things on her site.  I was thrilled to be a part of it.  I gave her several of my baby dresses, pants, overalls, and little monsters.





Here are a few pics of the items I have for sale on her site.






She is such a talented woman and I thought it was only fair to share part of her beautiful ideas with you.

I asked Sarah a few questions so we could all get to know her a little better.


Sarah:


What is your favorite thing to do in your downtime?

I love to read. It's always been my favorite thing to do and with two little ones, I don't get to do it enough anymore! I also love to create whether it's making a new pattern or sewing, doing a house project, or just doing a silly craft. I get a little tense when I don't have time to be creative! It's good for my mental health!



What is your favorite Coffee Drink?


Grande Caramel Latte from Starbucks! I've found that the Caramel Macchiato isn't sweet enough and the other drinks like their Caramel Brulee is too sweet. I've thought a lot about this!


What is your favorite Season/Why?

It used to be fall, but fall never seems to stay for very long. Now I really like spring. Again, with little ones, being stuck inside all winter and having to bundle them up when we do get out is not fun! So when it warms up enough to go to the park and get outside, everyone breathes a little easier! I also love the milder temperatures. I like being able to wear a cozy sweater and not be too cold or too hot.



What made you want to start a kid's shop?

I initially wanted to start a kids' shop when Lula was born. I had a really hard time finding clothes I wanted to put on her. So I decided to make her clothes myself, but my abilities only went so far. I tried to sew and sell things on Etsy, but I just didn't have enough time to develop my skills and my business. Now I have a little more time to focus and decided I wanted to bring the talents of other smaller designers that I've hand-picked together in one location. Thus Lula in London!

Now that I have a boy too, I've realized there's an even greater need for unique boy clothes. Everything is the same for boys! So I'm planning to really focus attention on that part of my shop. 


Here are a few more pics of some adorable things she has to offer on her site.  Check it out!!!  I'm telling you, it's so fun to look at...and so many unique things to buy.  Who doesn't have a baby shower to go to! =)



Thanks Sarah for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk with us!  Wish you lots of blessings on your new shop!



 

3 comments:

  1. Her shop is amazing! One of her dolls would make a perfect birthday gift for Ella. I may mention it on my blog next week for a Monday Pick, if that's OK with both of you :)

    And Kendra, you are crazy talented. Those overalls are to-die-for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! And of course I'm OK with any blog love I can get! ;) And yes, the overalls have been a big hit and I've gotten tons of requests for bigger sizes. They're amazing...just like Kendra!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Rachel. That's so sweet of you. Yes...please do mention it! I'd love for Sarah to get bunches of people looking at her site! It's just too cute not to!

    ReplyDelete