Monday, April 12, 2010

My Garden Journal

So my husband & I planted a garden a few weeks ago.  I had been hearing all kinds of things about Raised Bed Gardening and I thought we should give it a try.

I thought I would know what I was doing since I had helped my mom in the past.  Its funny though.  When I was little, I hated it.  Between the hot sun, digging, weeding, and snakes... But looking back, the memories are priceless.  I learned so much from my mom.  She and my Dad taught us hard work and discipline.  That is something I hope I can pass down to my kids someday.

So Justin & I built the wooden frame together and planted our garden.  We had no clue what we were doing.  I guess it just takes doing some things yourself to really learn.  I don't have the greenest thumb but after just two weeks, our plants are growing!  I can't even tell you how excited I am!













We also planted Spinach, Snow Peas and Sugar Snap Peas...which are my favorite! 

There's something just amazing about watching plants grow up from just a tiny seed.  We sure do have an awesome Creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment