Monday, April 18, 2011

Strawberry Soup

Happy Monday to you! I'm so excited to share this recipe with you today. It's not some secret family recipe...but I hadn't heard of it until a few weeks ago when my mom and sisters and I hit up a local tea bar. After trying it, I had to look up a recipe. It's kinda like a smoothie but you get to eat it in a cute bowl with a spoon. Way more fun! Hope you enjoy!

Strawberry Soup with Cinnamon Sugar Croutons:

Soup:
1 quart strawberries, halved
1 cup apple juice
1 cup pineapple juice
1 plain yogurt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
3 tablespoons orange juice






 


Cinnamon Sugar Croutons:
3 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1.  In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cream and orange juice, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. 

2.  In a skillet over medium heat, saute bread cubes in butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Cool. Stir soup before serving; garnish with croutons. 

*I only made half of a recipe and there was plenty for four people!  This was delish!  You have to try it.  I didn't get a chance to try the croutons this time, but I will next time.  I'm sure they add a nice touch.   Hope you all enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment